Saturday 30 August 2014

Getting rid of cystitis FAST!!


HOW TO CURE CYSTITIS

So I dont drink enough water, I know everyone can say this but I really dont, I might drink maybe a glass or two a day, and if I do this for a few days in a row then I get cystitis.  I know this happens every time and yet I still forget to drink water.

So after many, many years of this I feel I have become an expert in getting rid of cystitis fast.  My way will be the total opposite of what you read on every other website and of course I am not a doctor, but this works for me and will cure your cystitis in 1-3 hours instead of 1-3 days!!

So first thing to do is catch it early.  Once you feel that tickle when you pee do the following:

1.  Grab one of those cystitis relief sachets, I use the boots brand but they all the same.  Down it with about 100-150ml of water, you dont want to dilute it too much.

2.  Get your phone or stop watch and go as long as you can without peeing, while sipping water.  If you are suffering bad, try for at least 10 minutes then add 5 minutes after each time you pee.  I find once you can go an hour without peeing you will be fine.

3.  When you have finished peeing, GET OFF THE TOILET.  I know it is tempting to sit there for a few minutes just in case you have more in there, dont do it.  Pee, embrace the pain at the end, wipe and get up!!

Reasons to not pee

So you have taken your medicine, it needs time to work and kill the bacteria in your bladder, if you pee it out straight away then it will not work, which is why you end up taking 6 sachets instead of just 1 and spending more money on a 'cure'.

Tips to go longer without peeing (some of these will be really unorthodox)


  • Take a shower, yes running water might not be such a great idea, but it will make you feel clean and might get rid of some of that bacteria.  This wash is amazing: http://www.boots.com/en/Hibiscrub-Skin-Cleanser-250ml-1-bottle_872185/
  • Moisturise your privates, you can use a vaginal moisturiser or regular lube, I find I feel so dry when I have cystitis, maybe from all the peeing I dont know, but this will seriously make you more comfortable.
  • Controversial idea but masturbate.  Create some natural moisture down there, plus apparently thinking about sex tells the brain not to pee, I dont find this works for me but it might for some people.
Tips to stop getting it again (I need to follow my own advise here)
  • Drink more water, obvious but easier said than done.
  • Make sure you rinse yourself down there after you shower.
  • Try not to shower more than once a day and if you do moisturise down there
  • Use an antibacterial wash, I have used those 'intimate' washes and they are terrible, really dry you out but using either the wash linked above or a simple antibacterial hand wash is great.  Also hand washes are perfect as they tend to include moisturisers as they expect you to wash your hands more than any part of your body.
So there is my quick advise out into the world.  I have a feeling I might get some complaints as what I say is totally opposite to what is said online but this works for me, tried and tested method.  If it doesnt work for you then grab your cranberry juice and pee whenever you need to but that advise never helped me, especially when you need to pee ALL THE TIME when you have cystitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment